Greetings IRR supporters and welcome to your weekend update!
- With budget talks and tax cuts dominating the conversation up at the Capitol, several things are still in play:
- REAP funding
- This funding is very important to organizations across Iowa. IRR receives funding from REAP regularly, including funding for creating and publishing our “Iowa Low-head Dam Modification Success Stories” booklet.
- Natural Resource and Outdoor Recreation Trust Fund (IWILL) that would provide approximately $180 million annually- estimated 60% towards water quality
- REAP funding
- We are still waiting to hear about final budget decisions and funding for the state’s low-head dam safety mitigation and water trails program. If your Senator or Representative serves on the Transportation, Infrastructure, and Capitals Appropriations Subcommittee and has NOT yet heard from you, PLEASE give them a call and talk about the value of this program and its ability to help revitalize communities.
- Craig Johnson Chair (R) NE Iowa- Black Hawk, Bremer, Buchanan and Fayette Counties
- Tim L. Kapucian Vice Chair (R) Eastern Iowa- Benton, Iowa and Poweshiek Counties
- Matt McCoy Ranking Member (D) Southern Iowa- Polk and Warren Counties
- Tod R. Bowman (D) Eastern Iowa- Dubuque, Jackson and Jones Counties
- Roby Smith (R) Eastern Iowa- Scott County
- Daniel A. Huseman Chair (R) Cherokee County
- Skyler Wheeler Vice Chair (R) Sioux County
- Dennis M. Cohoon Ranking Member (D) Des Moines County
- Gary Carlson (R) Muscatine County
- David Kerr (R) Louisa County
- Mary Mascher (D) Johnson County
- Dave Maxwell (R) Poweshiek County
- Amy Nielsen (D) Johnson County
- Ras Smith (D) Black Hawk County
- Attend a local forum in your community and tell your story IN PERSON
Our elected officials need to hear from all of us if we are going to continue this important work to protect, restore and enjoy Iowa’s rivers and streams!
- Senate switch board: 515-281-3371
- House switch board: 515-281-3321
Tips- check out the following websites that can be very helpful during the legislative session: